This article may contain compensated links. See our full disclosure here
Italy trip planning Q&A. Our 3td Untold Italy listener Q&A episode. Answering your tough questions was so much fun the first time we did it so we decided to do it again. This time the topics range from driving, to what foods to try and where to try them. Plus we reveal our favorite city to visit with kids and give a quick update on the ever-changing situation in Italy.
Our call out for questions resulted in a huge number of queries sent in via email and our online community – come along and join us there if you haven’t already. We really love answering them on the podcast because we can give a much more in depth answer than what can be achieved in a few lines of text.
This time we had practical questions about driving, tollways and parking as well as questions about food to try including a section on the famous Florentine steak – Bistecca Fiorentina. We also cover some questions on travel style, for those traveling with their family and women visiting Italy on solo trips.
Thanks to everyone who wrote in with their questions. We can’t wait to do more of these sessions, so stay tuned for more Q & A and Italy travel inspiration in the weeks to come.
Restaurants mentioned in the show
- Alla Vecchia Bettola – Viale Vasco Pratolini, 3/5/7, Florence – traditional place to try Florentine steak
- Buca Lapi – oldest restaurant in Florence where you can try traditional dishes
- Coquinarius – where we tried delicious cheese and pear raviolini in Florence
- Roscioli Salumeria – Katy and Josie’s favorite restaurant in Rome
- Luciano Cucina Italiana – The home of the carbonara king!
- Pizzarium – excellent pizza address in Rome
- Osteria Al Squero – cicchetti bar in Venice overlooking the gondola workshop
- I Tre Mercanti – the place to go for tiramisu in Venice
Podcast episodes mentioned (for a deeper dive into some topics)
- Episode 29 – What to eat in Rome
- Episode 25 – Traveling with kids in Italy
- Episode 17 – Roman secrets with Erica Firpo
- Episode 11 – Transport in Italy
Other Q & A Podcast episodes
- How to plan a trip to Italy – our article that takes you step by step through trip planning so you can avoid our mistakes
- Italy Travel Planning – our FREE online community where you can ask questions and get inspiration for planning your trip
- Travel shop where you’ll find items mentioned in the show
Prefer to read along as you listen? You can download a PDF version of the full transcript of this episode.