This article may contain compensated links. See our full disclosure here
2020 has been a whirlwind and not what anyone expected when the year began. In this episode, we wanted to bring a joyful and positive end to this challenging year and look forward into the new year with a smile on our face and love in our hearts.
We look back on the top five most popular podcasts of 2020 and look forward to planning trips to Italy in the future.
We looked at the podcast stats for the most downloaded in the first 30 days and the ones that got the most comments, ratings and review to collate this top 5 of most popular episodes. We also have some wonderful Christmas messages from some of the fantastic guests we’ve had over the last year.
Most Popular Episodes
5 – Episode #024: Getting to know Calabria – the Other Italy – with Karen Haid, author of the book Calabria: The Other Italy
4 – Episode #040: Top 5 Small Cities to visit in Italy – exploring some of Italy’s lesser-known, smaller cities (though it was difficult to pick just 5!)
3 – Episode #031: Exploring Sicily’s Val di Noto – with Sicily travel expert Karen La Rosa (check out her fabulous YouTube channel here)
2 – Episode #026: 10 Things We Wish We Knew Before our First Trip to Italy – Katy and Josie sharing some of the travel mistakes they’ve made over the years of travel to Italy – to hopefully help you avoid some of the most common and annoying ones!
1 – Episode #42: Come Away to Capri – the romantic story a trip to Capri on a whim ended with Holly Star meeting her husband Gianluca and making Capri her home is Hollywood movie-esque and they share with us their love of family, food and all things Caprese!
Our Christmas Message Guests
Enjoy our Christmas messages from:
- Karen La Rosa from Episode #036: Palermo – not what you expect! and Episode #043: Palermo: a base for excursions in Sicily
- Lee Trapani from Episode #021: Savoring Sorrento – a food lovers guide to Italy’s city by the sea
- Karen Haid from Episode #024: Getting to know Calabria – the Other Italy and Episode #047: Basilicata – ancient southern region of tradition and history
- Corinna Cooke from Episode #049: Exploring Florence with Corinna Cooke
We have some amazing podcast episodes lined up already for 2021 and if you have any episode ideas, please do feel free to email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The best time to visit Italy – a month by month guide to seasonal differences across Italy’s regions
- How to plan a trip to Italy – our article that takes you step by step through trip planning
- Italy Travel Planning – our FREE Facebook community where you can ask questions and get inspiration for planning your trip
- Travel shop where you’ll find items mentioned in the show