This article may contain compensated links. See our full disclosure here
We’re headed back to Rome, the Eternal City, revisiting another of our most popular episodes – A Wander through Trastevere. Our guest, award-winning travel journalist and author Maria Pasquale is a Trastevere resident herself and guides us through the cobbled, vine-draped streets that make up this charming neighborhood and tells us about the best places to wander, grab an aperitivo and, of course, eat.
We look back on one of our most popular episodes, talking about one of our favorite places, the charming Trastevere neighborhood in Rome. This neighborhood is a fantastic place to stay when in Rome, as it’s close to the action, but away from the crowded tourist center, full of great restaurants, bars, and shops.
Many of the topics we cover in our podcasts come up from questions we get asked in our Italy Travel Planning Community. Don’t forget you can find us on Instagram via our handle @untold.italy and our Untold Italy Travel Facebook page. And for more in-depth and personal help with planning a trip to Italy, then our Untold Italy Amici private members group (Amici means “friends” in Italian) has Italy travel chat with like-minded travelers, expert info, and an extra special exclusive Untold Italy podcast episode each month. Sign up at untolditaly.com/amici.Click here for Show notes for Episode #096 A Wander Through Trastevere show notes
Travel the Untold Italy way
Traveling the Untold Italy way is soaking up every last minute, exploring the many different regions and subcultures of Italy. When you’re in the big cities it’s looking for those unique curiosities you can only find there or chasing after a unique experience that speaks to your passions – whether that be history, food, or creating art.
Our style of travel includes getting to grips with a myriad of pasta shapes and unique tastes that draw on seasonal local ingredients because pasta in Italy is not just Pasta al Pomodoro. We’re about meeting local artisans and discovering the passion and dedication behind their creations. But above all, we believe in having time to explore and time to relax. And to enjoy long leisurely aperitivo and meals with great wine and even better company.
Untold Italy Tours
If you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to experience Italy beyond the obvious but were not sure how to organize your trip, let Untold Italy Tours take care of it for you and help you discover your authentic Italy. Come journey with us to untold regions and discover the Italian places, faces, stories, and tastes whose memories linger for years to come.
Resources from Untold Italy
- Find out more about some of the Best hotels in Trastevere and how to spend your time in Rome with our Guide to the Best tours in Rome and our 5 day Rome Itinerary
- Listen: to an episode on choosing a neighborhood in Episode #027: How to choose where to stay in Rome, what to eat in Episode #029 Must try dishes in Rome, and for a different side of Rome and Italy’s history in Episode #109: Women of ancient Rome and Italy – the untold story
- How to plan a trip to Italy – our article that takes you step-by-step through trip planning so you can avoid our mistakes
- Italy Travel Planning – our FREE online community where you can ask questions and get inspiration for planning your trip
- Travel shop where you’ll find items mentioned in the show
Prefer to read along as you listen? You can download a PDF version of the full transcript of this episode.