This article may contain compensated links. See our full disclosure here
We’re revisiting Italian Coffee Culture, in another of our most popular episodes of the Untold Italy podcast. We talk to Michael Horne, founder of San Francisco-based Dü Coffee and lover of all things Italian about the rituals, customs, and roasts.
In this episode, we look back on one of our most popular episodes of Untold Italy on a topic that can surprise, perplex, and delight visitors – Italian coffee culture.
If you have questions about planning a trip to Italy, then you are welcome to join our Italy Travel Planning Community – a fantastic free resource where people who love spending time in Italy or are planning to go for the first time share their tips and tricks and experiences.
Don’t forget you can find us on Instagram via our handle @untold.italy and our Untold Italy Travel Facebook page.Click here for show notes for Episode #095 Coffee Culture in Italy
Travel the Untold Italy way
Traveling the Untold Italy way is soaking up every last minute, exploring the many different regions and subcultures of Italy. When you’re in the big cities it’s looking for those unique curiosities you can only find there or chasing after a unique experience that speaks to your passions – whether that be history, food, or creating art.
Our style of travel includes getting to grips with a myriad of pasta shapes and unique tastes that draw on seasonal local ingredients because pasta in Italy is not just Pasta al Pomodoro. We’re about meeting local artisans and discovering the passion and dedication behind their creations. But above all, we believe in having time to explore and time to relax. And to enjoy long leisurely aperitivo and meals with great wine and even better company.
Untold Italy Tours
If you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to experience Italy beyond the obvious but were not sure how to organize your trip, let Untold Italy Tours take care of it for you and help you discover your authentic Italy. Come journey with us to untold regions and discover the Italian places, faces, stories, and tastes whose memories linger for years to come.
Resources from Untold Italy
- Read about where to stay in Milan and find out more about eating and drinking in Italy in 40 Delicious Italian Food Facts, as well as hunting for some Italian specialties in Truffles in Italy and Best gelato in Florence
- Listen: to more on coffee in Episode #099 Magnificent Milano – Favorite places and coffee bars and you can learn about another famous and beloved Italian drink Episode #090: Limoncello – Simply the Zest! There are some wonderful food experiences to be had in Italy, see Episode #070: Cooking pasta with Nonna, Episode #057: Tuscany’s Chianti region with Arianna Cini and Episode #021: Savoring Sorrento – a food lovers guide to Italy’s city by the sea
- How to plan a trip to Italy – our article that takes you step-by-step through trip planning so you can avoid our mistakes
- Italy Travel Planning – our FREE online community where you can ask questions and get inspiration for planning your trip
- Travel shop where you’ll find items mentioned in the show
Prefer to read along as you listen? You can download a PDF version of the full transcript of this episode.