This article may contain compensated links. See our full disclosure here
We’re revisiting common mistakes that are made when planning a trip to Italy, in one of our most popular podcast episodes. Whether you’re a first-time visitor to Italy, you’ve not been for a while and are feeling a little rusty, or despite being a great planner, you occasionally make silly mistakes (like we do!) – we run through some of the common mistakes to avoid when planning your trip to Italy.
In this episode, we look back on one of our most popular episodes of Untold Italy on a topic that can help you when planning and scheduling for a trip to Italy. Even season travelers can fall foul of some of these mistakes, so it’s good to re-cap with this list of common mistakes to avoid when planning your trip to Italy.
If you have questions about planning a trip to Italy, then you are welcome to join our Italy Travel Planning Community – a fantastic free resource where people who love spending time in Italy or are planning to go for the first time share their tips and tricks and experiences.Click here for show notes for Episode #120 Mistakes to avoid when planning your trip to Italy
Travel the Untold Italy way
Traveling the Untold Italy way is soaking up every last minute, exploring the many different regions and subcultures of Italy. When you’re in the big cities it’s looking for those unique curiosities you can only find there or chasing after a unique experience that speaks to your passions – whether that be history, food, or creating art.
Our style of travel includes getting to grips with a myriad of pasta shapes and unique tastes that draw on seasonal local ingredients because pasta in Italy is not just Pasta al Pomodoro. We’re about meeting local artisans and discovering the passion and dedication behind their creations. But above all, we believe in having time to explore and time to relax. And to enjoy long leisurely aperitivo and meals with great wine and even better company.
Untold Italy Tours
If you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to experience Italy beyond the obvious but were not sure how to organize your trip, let Untold Italy Tours take care of it for you and help you discover your authentic Italy. Come journey with us to untold regions and discover the Italian places, faces, stories, and tastes whose memories linger for years to come.
Resources from Untold Italy
- Find out more about what you should know when Renting a car in Italy and to Travel by train in Italy. Our guides on How to pack for Italy
- Listen: to what to pack so you have everything you need (and don’t take what you won’t) in Episode #081 Packing for Italy tips on the language to make your trip easier and more fun in Episode #164 Italian phrases you need to know for your trip to Italy, Episode #091 Learning Italian for your trip and hear how you can use your travel credit cards to earn points to help pay for your trip in Episode #116 Extend your Italy trip budget with these travel hacks and for a stress-free trip – Episode #166 What to expect when you book a private luxury tour of Italy and Episode #159 Popular tourist scams in Italy and how to avoid them
- How to plan a trip to Italy – our article that takes you step-by-step through trip planning so you can avoid our mistakes
- Italy Travel Planning – our FREE online community where you can ask questions and get inspiration for planning your trip
- Travel shop where you’ll find items mentioned in the show
Prefer to read along as you listen? You can download a PDF version of the full transcript of this episode.