This article may contain compensated links. See our full disclosure here
We’re revisiting one of our most popular episodes where we learn about the Italian tradition of aperitivo. Not to be mistaken for a simple snack of an extra meal – aperitivo plays a major role in the Italian lifestyle and culture for many, even though it is relatively new – historically speaking. We explain what it’s all about and how you can get in on the action when you’re in Italy – where to best enjoy it, including some hotspots in our favorite locations.
In this episode, we look back on one of our most popular episodes of Untold Italy all about the tradition of aperitivo with Raffaela Ceddia of Flavourhood Tours in Melbourne, Australia. Raffaela comes from an Italian family and believes this is where her strong passion and love of food comes from. She talks to us about how aperitivo is such a big<> part of the Italian lifestyle and culture.
If you have questions about planning a trip to Italy, then you are welcome to join our Italy Travel Planning Community – a fantastic free resource where people who love spending time in Italy or are planning to go for the first time share their tips and tricks and experiences.
Don’t forget you can find us on Instagram via our handle @untold.italy and our Untold Italy Travel Facebook page.Click here for show notes for Episode #115 The Art of Aperitivo
Travel the Untold Italy way
Traveling the Untold Italy way is soaking up every last minute, exploring the many different regions and subcultures of Italy. When you’re in the big cities it’s looking for those unique curiosities you can only find there or chasing after a unique experience that speaks to your passions – whether that be history, food, or creating art.
Our style of travel includes getting to grips with a myriad of pasta shapes and unique tastes that draw on seasonal local ingredients because pasta in Italy is not just Pasta al Pomodoro. We’re about meeting local artisans and discovering the passion and dedication behind their creations. But above all, we believe in having time to explore and time to relax. And to enjoy long leisurely aperitivo and meals with great wine and even better company.
Untold Italy Tours
If you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to experience Italy beyond the obvious but were not sure how to organize your trip, let Untold Italy Tours take care of it for you and help you discover your authentic Italy. Come journey with us to untold regions and discover the Italian places, faces, stories, and tastes whose memories linger for years to come.
Resources from Untold Italy
- Discover more about Venice’s unique bar culture with our Cicchetti in Venice guide and spend time in Italy’s foodie capital Bologna for incredible food and wine on this 3 day itinerary
- Listen: to more on wonderful drinks to try in Italy in Episode #144 Sip your way through the wine bars of Florence Episode #090 Limoncello – Simply the Zest, Episode #092 Wine windows of Florence and Episode #019 Wine and wandering in Umbria and the fabulously foodie region that includes Bologna and Modena – Episode- #114 Welcome to Emilia Romagna
- How to plan a trip to Italy – our article that takes you step by step through trip planning so you can avoid our mistakes
- Italy Travel Planning – our FREE online community where you can ask questions and get inspiration for planning your trip
- Travel shop where you’ll find items mentioned in the show
Prefer to read along as you listen? You can download a PDF version of the full transcript of this episode.