This article may contain compensated links. See our full disclosure here
Ciao a tutti! Welcome to our latest listener Q&A episode on Untold Italy. In this episode, our topics range from staying in the perfect agriturismo and how to reach Sardinia, to all things medical.
A big thank you and grazie to all our subscribers and regular listeners. It’s a huge thrill to hear from you and get to enjoy your stories and tales of travel in Italy.
Our call out for questions resulted in a huge number of queries sent in via email and our online community – please come along and join us there if you haven’t already! We really love answering them on the podcast because we can give a much more in-depth answer than can often be achieved in a few lines of text.
This time we had practical questions about accessing medical services, as well as questions about finding the best agriturismos and wineries. We also cover some questions on getting to the beautiful island of Sardinia.
Thanks to everyone who wrote in with their questions. We love doing these sessions, so stay tuned for more Q & A and Italy travel inspiration in the future. As a result of your requests, we have upcoming episodes about the Dolomites and Abruzzo for you to look forward to.
Travel to Italy
Make no mistake, Italy is waiting for us and wanting us to return as soon as it is safe to do so. At the beginning of each month, Italy reviews its general restrictions including those for travel. As soon as we hear of any changes we update it on our website at untolditaly.com/latest.click here to subscribe to podcast updates
Agriturismo and winery mentions in the show:
- Agriturisomo.it – this is the main site for agriturismo, but it’s not the easiest site to maneuver. We suggest picking a region, searching this on this site, then searching for the property on booking.com or direct to book more easily/understandably.
- Fattoria San Donato – a working vineyard and olive oil farm close to San Gimignano
- Tenuta Torciano – winery near San Gimignano
- Find out more about agriturismo and other accommodation types in Italy in our Italy Accommodation Guide.
- The day trip from Florence with Take Walks, which Katy loved so much, includes a winery visit – Tuscany Day Trip From Florence With Chianti, Siena and San Gimignano
Emergency Medical Info for Italy:
- You can go to the 24-hour emergency rooms, or pronto soccorso, at any hospital.
- If you need an ambulance the number to call in Italy is 118 or 112 is the general emergency including police and fire services.
Related Podcast episodes
- Wine and wineries are discussed in our most recent episode Episode #057: Tuscany’s Chianti region with Arianna Cini, as well as in Episode #019: Wine and wandering in Umbria and Episode #016: Visit Italy’s Le Marche region with local Chantelle Kern.
- Episode 08 – Accommodation in Italy – hotels, AirBnB, agriturismo and more
Previous Q & A Podcast episodes
- For info on medical insurance, read Why you need travel insurance for Italy
- Join our exclusive Untold Italy Insiders to help plan your trips, come together with fellow travelers, to share travel finds and inspiration, and learn more about bella Italia!
- How to plan a trip to Italy – our article that takes you step by step through trip planning so you can avoid our mistakes
- Italy Travel Planning – our FREE online community where you can ask questions and get inspiration for planning your trip
- Travel shop where you’ll find items mentioned in the show