This article may contain compensated links. See our full disclosure here
We’re revisiting one of our most popular episodes where we learn about the famous island of Capri from a local perspective and hear the romantic story that led to guest, Australian Holly Star, making it her home. We find out how to get away from the crowds and make the most of your time on this island gem.
In this episode, we look back on one of our most popular episodes and a topic that comes up time and again in our Italy Travel Planning Community – traveling to the island of Capri, famed for its artistic history, upscale hotels and shopping, rugged landscape and grottos. Click here for show notes for Episode #042 Come Away to Capri
Travel the Untold Italy way
Traveling the Untold Italy way is soaking up every last minute, exploring the many different regions and subcultures of Italy. When you’re in the big cities it’s looking for those unique curiosities you can only find there or chasing after a unique experience that speaks to your passions – whether that be history, food, or creating art.
Our style of travel includes getting to grips with a myriad of pasta shapes and unique tastes that draw on seasonal local ingredients because pasta in Italy is not just Pasta al Pomodoro. We’re about meeting local artisans and discovering the passion and dedication behind their creations. But above all, we believe in having time to explore and time to relax. And to enjoy long leisurely aperitivo and meals with great wine and even better company.
Untold Italy Tours
If you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to experience Italy beyond the obvious but were not sure how to organize your trip, let Untold Italy Tours take care of it for you and help you discover your authentic Italy. Come journey with us to untold regions and discover the Italian places, faces, stories, and tastes whose memories linger for years to come.
Resources from Untold Italy
- Discover our Capri guide and our guide to Capri boat tours – the best way to spend a day in Capri and more about the many towns and villages along the Amalfi Coast in Best places to stay in Amalfi Coast: towns, villages, hotels and villas and Beautiful Amalfi Coast Towns You Must See At Least Once
- Listen: to more on Capri in Episode #102 Christmas in Capri and discover more about the Amalfi Coast in Episode 67: Exploring the Amalfi Coast by Road and by Sea, Episode #014: Amalfi Coast highlights, and get romantic in Episode #059: Romantic Amalfi Coast weddings
- Heading to the Amalfi Coast soon? Our digital Positano Guide is available at the Untold Italy shop, full of load of useful info to carry with you, including beach clubs, best restaurants, walks, shopping, a packing list, local dishes to try and more – untolditaly.com/shop
- How to plan a trip to Italy – our article that takes you step-by-step through trip planning so you can avoid our mistakes
- Italy Travel Planning – our FREE online community where you can ask questions and get inspiration for planning your trip
- Travel shop where you’ll find items mentioned in the show
Prefer to read along as you listen? You can download a PDF version of the full transcript of this episode.